Manitoba Fencing Association Annual General Meeting 2021
will be held on Monday, June 28, 7 pm over Zoom.
To register or for questions, email Sean at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 25, 2022. Assistance prior to the meeting is available (ie. set up an account, access a meeting room, ask questions etc.)
Documents: 2020 Minutes MFA bylaws AGM Agenda Board Nomination Form Proxy Voting Form
Reports: President Treasurer Provincial Coach Executive Director
- At all general meetings, the presence of ten (10) voting members (not including proxy votes) of the Association, as defined by these By-Laws, shall constitute Quorum.
- Members must have held their membership at least twenty-one (21) days prior to a general meeting if they are to exercise their right to vote.
Membership can be renewed here (link).
Positions For Election
- President (2 year term)
- Corporate Secretary (2 year term)
- Vice-President – Technical (2 year term)
- Board member at large (1 year term)
- Shall act as chair of all General Meetings, and all meetings of the Board.
- Shall be an ex-officio member of all committees of the Association.
- Shall be a signatory authority for all correspondence and transactions of the Association including all financial transactions.
- During meetings of the Board the President will only vote in case of a tie.
- The President shall represent the Association at the Annual General Meeting of the Canadian Fencing Federation.
- The President shall be responsible for the employees or contractors of the Association.
- The President shall not hold office with a fencing club, except that a club officer may be elected as President, but then must resign from the club office not more than thirty days after being elected as President. The President must be a member in good standing of the CFF.
- Shall record and keep minutes of all Executive, Board and General Meetings.
- Shall be responsible for counting and recording all votes, and the outcome there from, at all Executive, Board and General meetings.
- Shall be a signatory authority for financial transactions.
- Shall be responsible for ensuring a yearly review of the By-Laws.
- Shall be responsible for ensuring yearly Corporate documents are filed with the Corporations Branch of the Government of Manitoba.
- Shall, in conjunction with the Executive Director of the MFA, review and consult on all financial transactions of the Association and prepare and submit budgets at Executive, Board and general meetings.
- Shall ensure that funds of the Association are deposited in the appropriate accounts (Bank or Trust).
- Has signing authority with the President or other members of the Executive for all financial transactions of the Association.
- Shall be responsible for taxation matters of the Association.
- Shall serve as President in succession following the 1st Vice President.
Vice-President – Technical
- Shall establish, in conjunction with the Provincial Coach, and distribute an annual competition schedule.
- Organize competitions and distribute and collect entry forms.
- Tabulate and keep up-to-date records of competitive points and provincial rankings.
- Schedule and organize coaches and officials clinics.
- Oversee the Provincial fencing programs in cooperation with the Vice-President – Athlete Development.
- Vice-President – Athlete Development
- Organization of training camps in conjunction with the Vice-President – Technical and the Provincial Coach/Technical Director.
- Organization of provincial programs in conjunction with the Vice-President-Technical and the Provincial Coach/Technical Director.
- Organization of provincial outreach programs and school programs in conjunction with the Vice-President – Technical and the Provincial Coach/Technical Director.
Duties will be determined by the MFA Executive.