Download: MFA Respect in Sport Policy
- The MFA is committed to creating a sport environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Coaches have a responsibility to create a sporting environment that is free of harassment and abuse.
- The MFA requires that all coaches complete the Respect in Sport (RIS) program and maintain RIS certified status (5 year term) as required by Sport Manitoba.
Scope and Application
- The policy applies to all coaches registered with; or named on an official sport roster; or under the jurisdiction of the MFA.
- Any coach not having completed the RIS program or maintained certified status in the timeframe established by Sport Manitoba and the MFA may be removed as a coach until such time that the RIS course is completed and/or maintain RIS certification.
- Non-compliance with this policy may result in further discipline as determined by the Board of Directors or in accordance with policy.