Fencing Coach Course – Instructor Beginner Level
Weapon: Epee, Foil, Sabre
Season: 2020- 2021
Coaching Course Registration Form 2020
Fencing, whether considered a sport or a simple recreational activity, quickly gives beginners an irreversible passion for the sport. This MFA program will instruct Fencing Coaches in providing “training to beginners”. The objective is to give beginners a good base so that they experience the pleasure of practicing fencing, playing, and having fun.
This course is spread over two weekends, for approximately 14 hours each weekend, with several additional sessions. At the end of the course the participants will have the opportunity to be certified at Instructor Beginner level.
|Practicum (supervised lesson by a certified coach) *Please see note below||10 hours (Conducted in your club)|
*NOTE: The coach candidate has to train beginner fencers during the year with observation by a qualified coach.
- Exposure to Fencing in the last year
- An interest in using Fencing in your curriculum
Fencing Equipment Required
- Clothes to train in
- Know-2-Do: be capable to do actions
- Know-2-Teach: be capable to teach actions
- Practical understanding: relation between theory & practical
- Fundamentals: holding a weapon; guard; lunge; retreat; step forward; combinations; positions; balance; co-ordination of arm and legs; distance; rhythm …etc.
- Technical material: (All arm band of yellow/orange level)
- Specific criterium evaluation for Instructor beginner
- Classification of fencing actions
- Fencing Lesson Organization and Safety Issues
- Terminology, referring and organization of competitions
- Arm Band program
- Planning a Practice
- Performance Analysis
Theory & Practical Courses:
- Methods of teaching in a group Fencing class
- Skill Development Stages
- Teaching Methodology
- Private lesson and its Methodology
Necessary for the armband program (yellow and orange) LTAD. For more information about Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD), please refer to the Canadian Fencing Federation page, “What is LTAD“.