COVID-19 Update: All of Manitoba Moves to Critical Level Red
Today the Province of Manitoba announced that as of 12:01 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 12, the entire province will move to the Critical Level (RED) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System to halt COVID-19 transmission and protect Manitoba’s most vulnerable citizens.
New restrictions include:
- Gyms and fitness centres must close.
- All recreational activities, sports facilities, casinos, museums, galleries, libraries, movie theatres and concert halls must close.
- All recreational facilities, group sports, arcades, bowling, etc. suspended.
- Day camps, dance and theatre classes closed.
- Travel to and from northern Manitoba is restricted and non-essential travel is discouraged.
- Social contacts reduced to your household only. Social gatherings are not permitted.
Sport Manitoba facility closures:
- Courts, flex space and meeting rooms.
- Sport Manitoba Fitness Centre.
- Sport Manitoba Performance Centre.
Areas that remain open:
- Sport Manitoba Clinic.
- Konica Minolta Print Hub.
Effective Thursday, Nov. 12, the Sport Manitoba facility will be open Monday – Friday 7 am – 7 pm. Security will be on site 6 am – 8 pm, however there will be no security on weekends.
Click here to view the press release with full details from today’s announcement.
Public Health included the following things Manitobans can do themselves to reduce the spread that go beyond the restrictions put in place:
- Reduce the number of shoppers from your household to the lowest possible number. Send only one person to shop.
- Work from home if at all possible.
- Reduce travel unless absolutely essential.
- Remember all those you have come in contact with recently.
We thank you for your cooperation.
Janet McMahon | Interim President & CEO