MFA Annual General Meeting 2023
Tuesday, June 27, 7pm
at the Irish Association of Manitoba – 654 Erin Street.
Doors open at 6:30pm. Awards, snacks, and socializing after the meeting.
- At all general meetings, the presence of ten (10) voting members (not including proxy votes) of the Association, as defined by these By-Laws, shall constitute Quorum.
- Members must have held their membership at least twenty-one (21) days prior to a general meeting if they are to exercise their right to vote.
Membership can be renewed here (link). Memberships renew September 1, 2023.
The following Board positions are up for election:
- President (2 year term)
- Corporate Secretary (2 year term)
- Vice President – Technical (2 year term)
- Board member at large (1 year term)
Description of Board Positions:
- Shall act as chair of all General Meetings, and all meetings of the Board.
- Shall be an ex-officio member of all committees of the Association.
- Shall be a signatory authority for all correspondence and transactions of the Association including all financial transactions.
- During meetings of the Board the President will only vote in case of a tie.
- The President shall represent the Association at the Annual General Meeting of the Canadian Fencing Federation.
- The President shall be responsible for the employees or contractors of the Association.
- The President shall not hold office with a fencing club, except that a club officer may be elected as President, but then must resign from the club office not more than thirty days after being elected as President. The President must be a member in good standing of the CFF.
- Shall record and keep minutes of all Executive, Board and General Meetings.
- Shall be responsible for counting and recording all votes, and the outcome there from, at all Executive, Board and General meetings.
- Shall be a signatory authority for financial transactions.
- Shall be responsible for ensuring a yearly review of the By-Laws.
- Shall be responsible for ensuring yearly Corporate documents are filed with the Corporations Branch of the Government of Manitoba.
Vice-President – Technical
- Shall establish, in conjunction with the Provincial Coach, and distribute an annual competition schedule.
- Organize competitions and distribute and collect entry forms.
- Tabulate and keep up-to-date records of competitive points and provincial rankings.
- Schedule and organize coaches and officials clinics.
- Oversee the Provincial fencing programs in cooperation with the Vice-President – Athlete Development.
Duties will be determined by the MFA Executive.