Manitoba Fencing Association Annual General Meeting 2022
will be held on Wednesday, June 15, 6pm at the Irish Association of Manitoba – 654 Erin Street (check in starting at 5:30pm)
To register or for questions email Sean at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 10, 2022.
*The following documents and reports uploaded when available:
Documents: 2021 Minutes MFA bylaws AGM Agenda Board Nomination Form Proxy Voting Form
Reports: President Treasurer Provincial Coach Executive Director
- At all general meetings, the presence of ten (10) voting members (not including proxy votes) of the Association, as defined by these By-Laws, shall constitute Quorum.
- Members must have held their membership at least twenty-one (21) days prior to a general meeting if they are to exercise their right to vote.
Membership can be renewed here (link).
MFA bylaws can be found here (link). Board positions for election are:
- Vice President (2 year term)
- Treasurer (2 year term)
- Vice President – Athlete Development (2 year term)
- Board member at large (1 year term)
- Shall replace the President in case the President is not available to preside due to illness or resignation or absence.
- The Vice-President shall be a signatory authority for all correspondence and transactions of the Association including all financial transactions.
- The Vice-President must be a member in good standing of the CFF.
- In case the Vice-President replaces the President during the term of office, he/she shall assume the full responsibility of the President, and shall serve for the remainder of the Presidential term. If the Vice-President chooses to not give up their position to fill the remainder of the Presidential term, he/she will assume the Presidential position until a general meeting of the Association is convened within 60 days to elect a new President or Vice-President.
- Shall, in conjunction with the Executive Director of the MFA, review and consult on all financial transactions of the Association and prepare and submit budgets at Executive, Board and general meetings.
- Shall ensure that funds of the Association are deposited in the appropriate accounts (Bank or Trust).
- Has signing authority with the President or other members of the Executive for all financial transactions of the Association.
- Shall be responsible for taxation matters of the Association.
- Shall serve as President in succession following the 1st Vice President.
Vice-President – Athlete Development
- Organize training camps in conjunction with the Vice-President – Technical and the Provincial Coach/Technical Director.
- Organize provincial programs in conjunction with the Vice-President-Technical and the Provincial Coach/Technical Director.
- Organize provincial outreach programs and school programs in conjunction with the Vice-President – Technical and the Provincial Coach/Technical Director.
Duties will be determined by the MFA Executive.
Proposed ByLaw Change
Proposed for community vote at AGM: “Allow electronic attendance at AGM provided attendees provide 2 weeks notice. If 2 weeks notice is not possible due to extenuating circumstances, requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis”